YOUR ACCOUNTING & TAXES...SORTED
The role of accountants has undergone significant change over the years. Business owners need trusted advisors not just bean counters. Whether you are starting out or are already in business, you need to talk to us about our business accounting solutions. We are more than just your traditional bean counter!
We are chartered accountants based in Auckland, providing excellent services across New Zealand. We offer after-hours consultations for your convenience and can meet at your business premises or a location convenient to you.
TAX & COMPLIANCE
MEETINGS, GUIDANCE & ADVICE
Frequently Asked Questions
The answer to that is a resounding NO.
Whilst, we are experts in accounting and taxes, what sets us apart is that we truly want business success for our clients.
We offer more than just accounting and taxation services. Our virtual CFO services for small and medium businesses is unparalleled.
Our partners have 30 + years of commercial business experience.
Commercial business experience is very different to accountants (bean counters) that just have number-crunching experience.
Commercial business experience means that we actually know how a business behaves and the challenges it faces in the real world.
All you need to do is have a chat with us and you will instantly realise the difference
Not at all. Excellent service is something our business is built on. Our fee is competitive and fair but our service is exceptional.
Best of all our fees are fixed upfront so you know exactly what your fee will be right from the get-go.
The number 1 comment we get from clients is "I wish I had come to you sooner...you guys have made my life a lot easier"
We have been in business since July 2009. Our two partners have in excess of 30 years of commercial / business accounting and tax as well as business partnering experience.
We have also had IRD's 100% filing certificate of achievement for a number of years.
Because we service the whole of New Zealand but are based in Auckland, we can do everything online through emails and your own personalised client portal. Even documentation signing can be done online.
However, if you prefer to meet we can cater for that as well. We can come and meet you when it's convenient for you - even outside normal business hours!
Not necessarily. For example, we don't expect an IT contractor to have a full-fledged Xero subscription. A business bank account is more than enough or even a spreadsheet may suffice.
We work with whatever you have got.
Most of our packages include a Xero subscription - dependent on the client's size and profile.
If we believe that your life may become easier with some software - we will suggest it.
That's why we are here!
To deliver exceptional service, we need to make accounting and taxes hassle-free for you.
From client onboarding to the regular provision of information to regular reminders and newsletters - everything is efficient.
Most existing clients are at a stage where they know that long before the due date they will get communication, returns and reports that they just need to review and sign. And even reviewing. commenting and signing is hassle-free and pain-free.
BUSINESS ACCOUNTING SOLUTIONS
- Prepare and file GST returns on your behalf
- Prepare and file Business and Personal Income Tax returns on your behalf
- Prepare Annual Financial Statements
- Prepare ad-hoc Financial Statements as and when needed
- Prepare regular Management Accounts and Board Packs
- Advise you of your tax obligations and tax due dates
- Regular reminders on provision of GST and accounting information
- Reminders on Provisional Tax and Terminal Tax due dates and amounts
- Ensure that everything is filed on time so you avoid costly and unnecessary IRD penalties and interest
- Prepare and file FBT Returns on your behalf
- Advise you of your Student Loan obligations and due dates
- Annual Companies Office Return prepared and filed on your behalf
- Dividend Statements prepared according to your company constitution
- Help you with due diligence on mergers and acquisitions
- Any other taxes that you need help with
- Discuss the best way to save for tax and how best to structure your bank accounts
- Advice on how best to take monies out of your business
- Guidance on what expenses to claim - every dollar of expenses claimed reduces GST and Income Tax
- Provide guidance on a comprehensive list of claimable expenses (dependent on your industry) that you need to be aware of and keep details of
- Provide correct guidance around home office, vehicle usage, entertainment and travel related expenses
- Guidance on overseas tax laws and its NZ impact if you are trading overseas
- Guidance on how to create tax law compliant invoices
- Explain how provisional and terminal tax works
- Explain how owners drawings works and how to best structure it to suit your situation
- Make it easy and hassle-free for you to give us accounting information to prepare GST and end of year accounts and tax returns for you
- Help you get the right insurance set up for your needs in your industry
- How and what business accounting records to keep and for how long
- What structure is best suited specific to your business goals
- Whether you need to register a company or not. Keeping in mind not every business has to be trading as a company
- Register a company correctly on your behalf (if needed)
- Whether you need to register for GST or not
- What basis should you register for GST on
- What the pros and cons of each GST registration periods' on offer
- Guidance on how to correctly calculate GST on your invoices
- Set up the right income tax structure for your situation
- Guide you in setting up the right banking structures - whether it's loans and/or savings
- Guidance on what business accounting package (if any) suits your needs. Not every business has to have Xero!
- Help in setting up your website and SEO. A website is usually the first point of contact with a client - it is a business front. Many clients get advice from an IT person on how one of the most crucial elements of your business should be run which ultimately leads to failure
- Full spectrum of Payroll services including Employee and Contractor payrolls
- Payslip preparation in accordance to Inland Revenue guidelines and rates
- Create annual earnings certificates for employees and contractors
- Preparing and filing PAYE returns including Kiwisaver Employee deductions, Kiwisaver Employer deductions, Student Loan deductions, ACC deductions, EMS (employer monthly schedules) and IR345 returns
- Regular reporting provided to employers
- IRD payment reminders so that you avoid costly and unnecessary IRD penalties and interest
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are proudly NZ owned and operated.
You may not know but most bookkeeping companies just "clip the ticket" and outsource your work to India or Philippines.
Our staff are all based in New Zealand. We do everything in house in Auckland, New Zealand.
General accounting and tax advice is offered free of charge to our clients.
We offer Fixed Fees so you know what your accounting fees are going to be from the outset.
We explain everything accounting in non-accounting lingo.
All queries dealt with promptly within 24 hours.
If a query requires specialised tax research, we will advise on timeframes.
We pride ourselves on service and truly care for our clients.
Unlike many accounting firms, we have a personalised approach to our clients.
We are chartered accountants and IRD registered tax agents.
You do not need an accountant on top of a bookkeeper to have a complete accounting solution.
We take care of the lot!
We understand that one size does not fit all.
As such we work with our clients to offer customised packages.
Whether you need just some of our services or all of them - we will work out a competitive package for you.
We work with you to make our accounting service easy and hassle free.
We can adapt to your organisations procedure and processes or suggest out stream lined approach to data and information transfer.
We can even have our staff visiting your offices!
0800 00 48 68
Get a FREE Quote
TOP 6 FAQS
GET YOUR ACCOUNTING AND TAXES SORTED
Through great partnership and passion, our solutions will ensure added value to you and your business.