Starting A Business
Starting a new business? Starting a new business is exciting and thrilling. It's all that comes after the excitement and thrill have worn off that determines whether a business will make it or not. And we are here to help you maintain and stretch out the "thrill and excitement" phase forever.
A methodical plan of action is needed to running a successful start-up. Success lies in the approach you choose to take. We support you in avoiding the common pitfalls that many owners make when starting a business.
WHATS ON OFFER?
- Run through a selection of business structures that best fits your needs by evaluating tax advantages, legal exposure, ease of operation and portability
- Correctly registering a business whether it is forming a company or registering a partnership on your behalf (if needed)
- Prepare and file your application for your Inland Revenue number
- Develop a solid Partnership Agreement. This is an extremely important document for all new partnerships and will help prevent a tremendous amount of financial and emotional problems down the road
- Guide you in the setup of the right banking structure
- Suggest the right accounting software by evaluating your budget and needs
- Formulate an initial business plan to clarify your marketing, management, and financial plans
- Determine your start-up capital needs
- Identify sources of start-up capital and backup sources if needed
- Evaluate and quantify your borrowing power so you know how much money you can get your hands on if needed
- Prepare a Cash Flow Budget so you know exactly how much money you need to keep the business alive each month for the first few years. Unplanned cash requirements are always emotionally painful.
- Establish billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow
- Establish procedures to monitor and control costs.
- Setup a home office so you can maximize your tax deductions.
- Prepare and file all required state and local licenses and permits.
- Provide payroll and payroll tax filing when you bring on your first employee.
- Comply with employment laws so you don't get hit with fines and unhappy employees.
- Identify your business insurance needs.
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are proudly NZ owned and operated.
You may not know but most bookkeeping companies just "clip the ticket" and outsource your work to India or Philippines.
Our staff are all based in New Zealand. We do everything in house in Auckland, New Zealand.
We offer Fixed Fees so you know what your accounting fees are going to be from the outset.
General accounting and tax advice is offered free of charge to our clients.
We explain everything accounting in non-accounting lingo.
All queries dealt with promptly within 24 hours.
If a query requires specialised tax research, we will advise on timeframes.
We pride ourselves on service and truly care for our clients.
Unlike many accounting firms, we have a personalised approach to our clients.
We are chartered accountants and IRD registered tax agents.
You do not need an accountant on top of a bookkeeper to have a complete accounting solution.
We take care of the lot!
We understand that one size does not fit all.
As such we work with our clients to offer customised packages.
Whether you need just some of our services or all of them - we will work out a competitive package for you.
0800 00 48 68
TOP 6 FAQS
The answer to that is a resounding NO.
Whilst, we are experts in accounting and taxes, what sets us apart is that we truly want business success for our clients.
We offer more than just accounting and taxation services. Our virtual CFO services for small and medium businesses is unparalleled.
Our partners have 30 + years of commercial business experience.
Commercial business experience is very different to accountants (bean counters) that just have number-crunching experience.
Commercial business experience means that we actually know how a business behaves and the challenges it faces in the real world.
All you need to do is have a chat with us and you will instantly realise the difference
Not at all. Excellent service is something our business is built on. Our fee is competitive and fair but our service is exceptional.
Best of all our fees are fixed upfront so you know exactly what your fee will be right from the get-go.
The number 1 comment we get from clients is "I wish I had come to you sooner...you guys have made my life a lot easier"
We have been in business since July 2009. Our two partners have in excess of 30 years of commercial / business accounting and tax as well as business partnering experience.
We have also had IRD's 100% filing certificate of achievement for a number of years.
Because we service the whole of New Zealand but are based in Auckland, we can do everything online through emails and your own personalised client portal. Even documentation signing can be done online.
However, if you prefer to meet we can cater for that as well. We can come and meet you when it's convenient for you - even outside normal business hours!
Not necessarily. For example, we don't expect an IT contractor to have a full-fledged Xero subscription. A business bank account is more than enough or even a spreadsheet may suffice.
We work with whatever you have got.
Most of our packages include a Xero subscription - dependent on the client's size and profile.
If we believe that your life may become easier with some software - we will suggest it.
That's why we are here!
To deliver exceptional service, we need to make accounting and taxes hassle-free for you.
From client onboarding to the regular provision of information to regular reminders and newsletters - everything is efficient.
Most existing clients are at a stage where they know that long before the due date they will get communication, returns and reports that they just need to review and sign. And even reviewing. commenting and signing is hassle-free and pain-free.